So it looks like Bill Walker's heading to New York too, along with Giddens and House for Robinson and another player.  Here's hoping that other player's initials are NOT JJ :)

I would've liked to have kept Walker- I thought he had a lot more potential than Giddens who I was glad to see leave.  Speaking of Giddens, wonder what he does with that shamrock tattoo on his neck.  Maybe he just wears this shirt all the time :)

Furthermore word is now Utah and Miami are discussing a Carlos Boozer deal.

Come on Danny, DO SOMETHING!!!

tb727 2/18/2010 12:57:00 PM Edit

1. Karl Dillinger says:

Yes! So long Giddens. What waste of space that guy was.

With that kind of insignificant trade Danny Ainge made, the Celtics will likely have a long summer vacation, watching Cleveland win the rest of preseason and win those 16 playoff games too (which ones were demanded ours at the beginning of the season).

I would not be surprised if NBA Commissioner David Stern has used his influence and power to avoid that our Celtics (with Jamison/Butler etc.) and others can strenghen.
    Just to "help" this way that his ikon and bestseller L. James can win his NBA Titel. For the NBA like a dollar focused institution a titel of Cleveland the far more lucrative than a win of Boston, Orlando or Danver.

Looking at the Knicks roster I really have no clue who the other player could be. Possibly Marcus Landry whos useless...

I agree that Giddens and Walker were somehow not needed and therefore a waste of space but...just for Nate Robinson and Marcus Landry??? I'm really disappointed with Danny Ainge...

1 hour, Danny!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, it could be Shelden instead of Billy:

In the meantime Danny is spending time finalizing this trade while he should be exploring trades for Monta Ellis, Kirk Hinrich or Amaré!!!

What a downer...

8. Karl Dillinger says:

Should've drafted Chalmers and Blair! Such obvious choices I don't get GM's sometimes.

We need a miracle. WE JUST WAN TO WIN!!! Celtics.

why not Chandler to the Cs? The Knicks need to get some of those expensive guys away. So Chandler and Robinson are a good start.
    In summer they will then get Lebron and Wade (Eddy and Walker on the bench are not a bad idea) and therefor the Knicks will be the NBA Champion in the next season.

ok it happened already..t-mac is going to the knicks for hughes, jeffries and hill. Now the Knicks can go for wade and lebron in the summer.

Still hope for Chandler going to the Celtics along with Robinson who seems to be confirmed already.

2 min!! a team pushes for Amare, is it us??:

"Latest: Hearing one team is making a last minute push for Amare. Suns source says a deal "may" happen. Link coming."

Well, that's all it seems.

Nate Robinson and Marcus Landry for Eddie House, JR Giddens and Billy Walker. I guess now the objective is to sign a veteran who gets bought out to fill the roster.

DISSAPOINTING

disappointing i meant...i am so upset i forget my spelling :(

15. The Coach says:

Beyond disappointed and baffled. Maybe we are all going to be pleasantly surprised and the Celtics return to form in the second half of the season.

I really saw no point in just doing the Nate deal, as chemistry to me at this point is more important than overall talent. Hopefully I am wrong but having no Eddie, and of course being two years removed from Posey and PJ and one year removed from Leon Powe leaves me with that feeling of no intangible role playing bench guys. All of those guys were keys pieces. It is on Sheed, Daniels, Nate and TA now to boost this team when they are in the game. I left out Davis on purpose. He had a few decent games before the break but he needs to get better or gotten rid of. Someone above mentioned Giddens, anyone realize we could have rolled the dice on Dajuan Blair, would have been another Danny draft steal. Giddens is a bust.

CELTIC PRIDE...LETS GO!!!

So now the question is: who is Marcus Landry? :P We spent weeks talking about Ellis, Iguodala, Martin, Thomas, Hinrich, Stoudamire...and we end up with Nate Robinson, saying bye to a popular and important bench player in Eddie House, getting rid of two youngsters who couldn't get any minutes here (Giddens, Walker) and getting the miraculous Landry in the process...

I am really confused

Is Marcus Landry related to Carl Landry or was it a coincidence 2 Landry's were traded the same day lol?

Since Giddens and Walker are gone I see the Celtics signing Ricky Davis to fill one of their 3 roster spots (Landry will be waived).

Can't believe Scalabrine and Tony Allen are still on this team since they were both expiring contracts. They're utterly worthless now (as if they weren't before lol)...

I think the word of the day is "Landry"

Rockets traded their Landry and the useless T-Mac for Kevin Martin, Jordan Hill, Jared Jeffries, and a couple 1st rounders. Huge deal.

Celtics blew an opportunity to trade Ray for Caron Buler (or Butler and Haywood) and intead trade 3 players and a pick for Nate Robinson and a Landry to be waived later.

Celtics easily could of walked away from the deadline with Kevin Martin, Tyrus Thomas and DJ Augustin or Caron, Haywood, and Augustin.

Instead all i can say is "Landry"

I think Carl Laundry is a better name

20. The Coach says:

Still baffled...at the same time lets see if we can get this ship rolling again.

Danny obviously did not make a deal because there was nothing out there that would have made us clearly better now or in the long run. I am going to try and keep it positive...at least for tonight...anyone think we'll drill the Lakers tonight?

why did Ainge also give up Bill Walker just to get Nate Robinson...and Landry??who the hell is Landry??Bill Walker can contribute to this team if you give some more minutes to play.also, he can give time for Pierce or Ray Allen to rest because he can play SG or SF... I wish Nate and Landry can really give the C's help and the #18 championship trophy.

I was so disapointed that Danny gave up much better players like Jamison, Kevin Martin, Tyrus Thomas... big names that all of us know that really can boost the Celtics lineup.