RealGM

The Rockets have an agreement in principal with the Kings to acquire Kevin Martin, according to Marc Stein.
Kenny Thomas, Hilton Armstrong and Sergio Rodriguez will also come to Houston, while McGrady, Carl Landry and Joey Dorsey will be outgoing, according to Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Landry is a nice sweetener, but I have to believe that Martin would be wearing Celtic green tonight if Danny/Wyc had pursued Martin harder. Ainge could have added Baby and a pick or Wyc could of signed off on accepting Nocioni's contract. Obviously Martin was available. Kevin Martin is eight years younger then Ray Allen and would have been a real boost to this year's team and the future. Nate Robinson? Not so much... to put it kindly.

JR 2/18/2010 01:51:00 AM Edit

1. ThomasJ says:

Danny must know things we don't, like KG getting a bionic knee and Sheed starting working hard on a regular basis.

2. ACF says:

Looks like Danny is already looking ahead to the offseason. Oh, well.

This team is now just boring to watch. Get rid of the garbage Scal.

4. Mark says:

This kid wasn't the answer. Celts just need to be healthy

Kevin Martin, Caron Butler, Antawn Jamison... I have faith in Danny but we are getting out of potential trades there...

There are still 12 hours until the deadline ;)

From the Herald, 4 hours ago:

"The Celtics also hadn’t closed the door on trading Ray Allen in a much bigger trade, though the source characterized the Celtics as reluctant to make such a deal.

The possibility also remains that the Celtics could make more than one trade before today’s deadline."

Link:

Damn, from Yahoo just 30 min ago:

"According to multiple team sources, Allen will likely get his wish. While the Celtics have spent the past few weeks exploring their trade options with Allen, they don’t expect to move the veteran shooting guard. The team is close to acquiring Nate Robinson from the New York Knicks, probably in exchange for Eddie House and J.R. Giddens. But Celtics president Danny Ainge called the potential for an Allen trade “highly unlikely.”

9. Ian says:

I think keeping Ray is a good idea as long as he and Rondo are getting along getting rid of House is awful unless they plan on just letting Pierce roll free and relieve him from some of his pressure because he is a better 3 point shooter "the best in the nba" lol than House so if they let Ray and Pierce float to the outside more and Rondo and Perkins kev Gar (he is only half the man he used to be) take care of the inside then maybe we will not be so one dimensional... I have wanted Nate since the start of them talking about him being traded, not a huge trade but I don't think we need a huge trade just a little more dimension

Iguadola and the corpse of Dalembert for Ray Allen and Perkins. Desperate times call for desperate measures and I may absorb the blow of Dalembert to get Iguadola in green. I'm guessing Danny's pushing hard for that but who knows if there's any shot of it.

11. Karl Dillinger says:

Bold statement TB. Iguadola would be a good fit though. At least the Cavs didn't get Stoudemire because then it would be officially over.

12. Ian says:

I agree with the Iguadola statement but I just don't see it happening thats why I'm talking with what we have. I mean Igy would rule in Boston but yah think he wants to play here cause I don't

I dont know Karl, Stat's the better player than Jamison but I really think Jamison is a better fit. I've always loved Antawn, I'm sure he'll be fired up to be the #2 guy on a title-contending team.

And yeah you're probably right Ian about it not happening.