- This game is indicative of why Rasheed Wallace was signed. His numbers may not jump out at you- 11 points and 8 rebounds in 32 minutes- but he was more than worth it today. For the first time in a long time, Perk picked up 2 fouls with about 1:06 gone in the game. Rasheed was needed more than ever today and he stepped in and did an admirable job. Defending Howard and giving an offensive punch, he really helped in this win.
- I think Rajon dominated the tone of the game. His play from start to finish (and he played just about the entire game) really set the pace. I feel he wouldn't be denied in this one and without Paul, that was needed more than ever.
- Kudos to KG and Ray for hitting a few big shots in the 3rd and 4th quarters respectively. There were different times at the game where I really felt the tide could turn and they knocked down shots to really keep the momentum in Boston's favor.
- Nice seeing Glen Davis out there, even if it was only for a few minutes. I'm looking forward to him getting some time on this trip and getting back into the rotation.
- Tony Allen, despite not shooting his free throws well, yet again, exceeded expectations. They needed him to show up today and with 16 points he was more than serviceable. Really great to see it and his crossover on Reddick was awesome.
- Scalabrine guarding Carter for some time scared the crap out of me. Hurry back Paul and Marquis because I hopefully never have to see Scal defending a big-time small forward again any time soon.
- As great as it was to get this win, and make up for that loss at home to them back in November, I just can't get myself to hate the Magic as much as the Flakers and Cavs. Maybe it was the holiday spirit (hell even Pietrus didn't do much today :)
So couple this with a Flakers loss and Boston's back on top, tied for the best record in the league. With the way the C's have been playing on the road, maybe they actually don't need home court advantage (although I still certainly want it). tb727 12/25/2009 09:35:00 PM Tweet